9/07/2010

Why our friends love ELLE (Kristen mentioned)


By Emma Sells Posted: Tue 07 Sep 2010

It was something of an ELLE love-in at our 25th anniversary party last night, and we couldn't resist asking our friends what it is that they love about us. So what did they have to say?

Holly Fulton told us, 'I remember reading ELLE from when I was very young, I used to bring it to school. I slavishly bought it every month. It's funny now that so many years later I've got so much support from the magazine. I'm so grateful for the help that ELLE's offered me, to have the support of such an established magazine can make careers.'

Jane Shepherdson, head of Whistles has also been a fan for a long time. 'I don't know how it began but I always thought ELLE as the magazine for me. There's always been an affinity with it, in a way that there's not with other magazines. Maybe it's the fashion connection, ELLE does fashion so well.'

Model and ELLE contributing editor, Ben Grimes added, 'ELLE is just a brilliant magazine, it's one of the most current and predictive magazines out there at the moment, which is really hard to find in the world of commercial magazines. My favourite ever ELLE cover was the July 2009 Kristen Stewart one, I loved the whole shoot actually, but then I am a bit obsessed with her.'

Brix Start-Smith, owner of Start, told us, 'ELLE's my favourite magazine. The thing I love about ELLE is that they've always got their finger on the pulse, and they're directional, and they're inspirational. They're never staid, they're never behind the times, they always have very interesting articles and people writing for them all the time. Very inspirational'

And it wasn't just the magazine itself that the designers got excited by. Erdem revealed, 'I will never forget being with Lorraine at the ELLE Style awards this year. We just had the best time sat on the curb outside gossiping and smoking cigarettes. She's the best partner in crime.'

elleuk.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

- Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...