3/13/2010

Experience at the "The Runaways" premiere...

Photobucket

Written by kstewluver216:

I showed up at the premiere at around 5:45 and I saw a line that was for the premiere so I got in line. After about an hour I decided to ask what this line was for exactly because we hadn't moved at all and you could see the flashes from cameras over where the press were, so I ask a guy and he says its for people who want to try to see the movie in case there are open spaces. So I had spent the first hour in the wrong area! So I walk across the street around the back of the theater to the other side where the fans are all waiting. I barely put my stuff down when I hear people begin to scream "Riley over here!", and I rushed over to the gate with my poster and pen to see Riley Keough (who plays Cherie's sister) walking next to the gate and I get her autograph. Then a little while later I see a guy, whom no one seems to know, walking down the carpet signing autographs so I get him autograph too (I later found out that he was Johnny Lewis and he plays Scottie in the movie). Then Dakota shows up and everyone is screaming at her to come over to wherever they were and she begins to walk closer to me on the end but about 10 feet from me turns around and just disappears. Things get quiet for a while and then the screaming starts again but this time people are yelling for Kristen. Everyone rushes to the end where she is trying to get a picture while I stand at the end so that when she comes down and I shove my arm out into the aisle to try and a get a picture of her (which is hard to do since I can't see a single things because of people in the way) and am able to take two pictures, I bring my camera into me so I can check them and my camera gets a sign that says its turning off because it is out of battery. She gets closer untill she is around 15 feet away and 2 grown men push me up against the gate and hold me there using thier bodies because they are trying to get her autograph (they are the people that go to events just to get autographs and then sell them online). Then when she is 10 feet away she too turns around and disappears. I am pretty pissed off now because I have no idea if I actualy took a picture of Kristen since my camera died, I didn't get an autograph, I never saw her with my own eyes, and this is the FIFTH time trying to see her in person up close. So everything is quiet again but people are talking about how Taylor might show up and low and behold around 10 minutes later he shows up and I try to get his autograph and am yet again shoved against the gate so hard its difficult to breathe, but he does walk down closer to where me and my friend are and he stops right in front of my friend (about a foot away from me), signs her poster and then leaves. So then all the celebrities have shown up and its just all the other people are finishing making thier way into the theater and I happen to see the Veronicas, mamaStew, and papaStew.

Me, my mom, and my friend all head back to our car to warm up since we have 2 hours untill the movie will be done and then go back to the theater and wait along the sidewalk in the front. All the people leave the theater and I happen to see Dakota run to the car waiting for her and yell her name and she turns to look, smiles, and waves then gets into the car. It seems like everyone is pretty much out of the theater so the security allow us to stand in front of the theater instead of on the sidewalk on the ends of the theater. I am just about to ask my mom to take me home when I look inside the theater and see
Joan Jett standing a talking to people inside. A few more people come out and Michael Shannon (who plays Kim fowley) comes out right before Kim Fowley himself. I get a quick picture of Michael and then head over to Kim with my friend. My friend asks for a picture with him and he says sure and tells me when to take the picture (he is a VERY intimidating guy! He always looks mad and has an agressive voice). So then after they all leave Joan starts to come out and the security around her are yelling "We are just going to the car get out of the way" which makes people actualy crowd more and so Joan looks around and then turnskinda looking at me off to the side yells "get outta the way" and I think "OMG Joan Jett just told me to go away!" and they take her to the car where she turns around and stars signing autographs and taking pictures, but since there are a lot of people around her I look around and see Cherie Curring standing right there. I get my pen and poster out and walk over to her and I asked "Can Iplease have your autograph?" and she looks at me says "Yeah, sure. Do you want me to personalize it?" and I give her my name and she signs it then gives it to me. I then told her that Cherry Bomb and Dead End Justice are my favorite songs ever and she looks a little shocked then says "That's really cool!" and I stand by my mom again. A guy comes over to me and asks if I want a picture with her but she is already getting into the car and I say that I don't want to make her and he says its fine then walks over to the car and tells her to take a picture with me so she gets back out of the car and walks over to me smiles and then poses for my camera. She takes pictures with some more people and then I walk over to my mom who is talking to someone about how I am always playing those songs over and over again and he turns and says "By the way I am her son." and we continue talking and he explains that I have to be less shy with the celebrities because at least in his mom's case, she loves to take pictures with her fans. So then Joan and Cherie leave and me, my mom, and my friend head back to the car after our tiring night.


Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

- Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...