4/02/2010

The Runaways in Star Inc Magazine Quebec


click for bigger

------
Dakota Fanning and Kristen Stewart: Rock Stars

Kristen Stewart and Dakota Fanning rapidly became friends. 'We admired one another before we met' explains Kristen, 'We found out we had a lot in common from the first time we met.' adds Dakota. But, in appearance, the two young actresses are very different; the first one, wilder, has a rock look while the second, who looks like an angel, is more classic. Cross-styled interview with two of the stars from The Runaways.

After acting together in New Moon, what made you want to work together again on The Runaways?

KS: We had already met prior to New Moon but thanks to the film, we got to know one another. When they asked me to play Joan Jett, I thought Dakota would be fantastic as Cherie Currie. She shared my opinion (laughs).

DF: Kristen and I work the same way. Meaning, we choose a movie based on the scenario and not because we're friends. The script fascinated me because I didn't know anything about that band in the 70s. In fact, I wasn't even born!

How did you get in character for Joan and Cherie?

KS: I watched a lot of videos from The Runaways concerts. I was able, that way, to study Joan's movements and expressions.

DF: I talked a lot with Cherie before filming began. She's amazing. She showed me how to hold the mike. She had a unique way of throwing it in the air, twisting it around her leg, etc. The producer, Floria Sigismondi, also asked me to rehearse with her husband's band, Living Things. I got a couple more weeks of extra practice than Kristen.

KS: With the filming of Twilight, my calendar was fully booked. We did have 2 weeks of practice before filming began. It also permitted us to record all the songs you hear in the movie. For me, the worse part was playing electric guitar like Joan. I was exhausted from the practices and my shoulders were killing me!

The fact that you kiss in the movie made people talk. What do you have to say about those scenes?

DF: There wasn't anything in the script that I didn't want to do. However, Floria had to make a few changes since I was only 15.

KS: I want to make this clear: we both clearly understood the context of the movie. There are caresses, sensual touching, one kiss but nothing explicit.

Any similarities between you and your characters?

DF: I like to think I'm very different than what I portray on screen.

KS: Joan had an armor when she began. People were throwing bottles at her on stage because being part of a rock band, that was a guy's world. But, it made her stronger and she continued with her career. For me, it's the stupid gossip on the internet that forces me to have an armor. Joan is true to herself and she's honest. I'm learning all that.

What do you think of the fashion?

DF: I loved it! I loved wearing the clothes and accessories. Production allowed me to keep everything!

KS: I also loved the clothes. Let's just say they fit my style more than some things Bella wears in Twilight. (laughs)

Who chooses your movies?

DF: I do, of course. My agent and my mother read everything that is sent to make sure it'll suit me but the final decision is mine. I don't want to do the same kind of role twice.

KS: The success of Twilight allows me now to have a certain liberty at choosing which movie I want to do. Maybe I couldn't have been Joan if I hadn't been Bella, I'm aware of it. Now, I choose carefully because I know they're waiting for me.

What is the hardest in making a movie?

KS: It's different with each movie. But you know what? That's what makes this career interesting.
think
DF: For me, it's the stunts. I learned to believe in myself thanks to Tom Cruise during War of the Worlds. He helped me and I felt safe. I controlled my fear within a few minutes.

Child actors tend to disappear when they become adults in the industry. Any fears on that point?

KS: I'm zen on my future.

DF: I tend to model myself after Jodie Foster. She started her career very young and always has work. I love this career! I hope to be able to act for the rest of my life. I think I might take a break to go to school when it'll be necessary but I don't want to stop. Except if they don't want me anymore.

To end this interview, what can we expect from Eclipse?

KS: Dakota will surprise a lot of people in that movie. Her character is exceptional. It's intense.

DF: I'm sure Bella fans will adore Eclipse because of the evolution of the characters. The three heroes changed a lot and that makes the movie very interesting.

Was the filming of Eclipse the hardest of the three?

KS: Ask me that when we meet again in a few months. (laughs)

Source via KStewDevotee

2 comments:

  1. These are some amazing tips, you’ve always got the best ideas at Income Diary. Keep up the great work dude!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! :)

    I like this: "KS: I'm zen on my future."

    haha :)

    ReplyDelete

- Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...