6/30/2010

Exclusive: Kristen Talks to Allure About Her New Haircolor

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Just when we thought there couldn't be more gorgeous looks from the Twilight bunch, Kristen Stewart goes and lightens her hair--and she talked to me about the change. "I just wanted to keep it natural," she said. The shade is for a role she'll play in a movie based on Jack Kerouac's novel On The Road. "In the book, [the character is] written with blue eyes and blonde ringlets, and I just felt I wanted to keep it natural," she said. "I didn't think that full-on blonde hair would look very natural on me. So I wanted to keep a little bit of brown that I naturally have, and I'm a little bit red, too. I just wanted it lighter." Is she a fan of the novel? "I love it," said Stewart. "It was my first favorite book."

Adir Abergel, stylist and Fekkai celebrity ambasador, who works closely with Stewart, gave more beauty details. "It is something she wanted, but we are also starting to head toward the character." And, as for the style Stewart wore at the Piaget-sponsored Cinema Society screening of The Twilight Saga: Eclipse at The Crosby Street Hotel last night, Abergel explained, "I used some Fekkai Nonchalant, to kind of close the cuticle, and pomade, to give it that great texture. We braided it on the side and put it into a little chignon."

Beau Nelson gave the scoop on her makeup. "Earlier, she was wearing a dark, maybe teal smoky eye. And so I just used a black cream eyeshadow over it to erase the cream from it. Then I put on black powder eyeshadow and burgundy shimmer on top of that." Nelson does makeup for the actress in New York during press tours. "We always try to do something fashion-forward," he said. "Usually, for the end of her tour, she's saved a really amazing dress, so we work with what she's got to wear. She's so comfortable with me, and we have a great time together. We wanted to do something a little bit punk, but elegant. She was really into nude lips, so I used a lip gloss from my line, Beau Beaute, called Medusa."

No comments:

Post a Comment

- Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...