7/21/2011

Comic-Con 'Breaking Dawn' Tweets and Fan Questions

Tweets
@theFABlife
Kristen Stewart is in black high top Converse Chucks! #KStewsShoes #SDCC #thanksforplaying

@joshuahorowitz
Just spoke to Rob and Kristen. And I'll be honest I didn't even notice his insane hair. I was facing the other side. #mtvsdcc

@HitFixDaniel
Given the time of the Hall H panel, this press conference is gonna be very short, assuming it begins.

via hypable.com
First question: What was it like fimling in Brazil, how does it feel to be loved all over the world?
Kristen: It was nice being able to shoot on the actual streets. To see that within the context of the movie is jarring.
[...]
Kristen: He looked like an Eclipse poster.


Question: out of all the twilight films, what was the most secretive scene you had to film. And which was most exposed to fans:
Kristen: The wedding was insane. Secret service style. The crew was incredibly inconvienenced. No cell phone, etc. They wanted to keep the dress secret.

Kristen: I had a volturi cloak on cause I had to cover up and that was the only thing we could use.

Question: Couldn't hear the question.. something about Brazil.
Kristen: We didn't know we were being photographed. That was weird afterward.

Question: For Kristen. Breaking Dawn was an emotional journey. What was it like filming for months, and how did everything that happens to Bella effect you personally?
Kristen:This one really is loaded with cathartic, impactful huge life moments and they're not all fantasy. They're very rooted in reality that I can completely see myself in. Anyone who reads the book can imagine them in it themselves. I can't let the book punch me in the face every morning. You have to let the moments happen. And they did. And we just went for it. A lot of it.. I feel it was very, very close to the book. At the same time we added bits that suprrised me too in the more iconic bits. In the wedding, at the honeymoon.

Bill Condon: There is no bigger fan of Twilight than Kristen (Kristen: Aw). She's always there like, "I know what it felt like when I read this the first time." You put that pressure on yourself. It's true.


MORE AFTER THE JUMP!

Question: Do you personally ahve a favorite scene in the movie?
Kristen: There's a scene with me and Charlie at the wedding that I love so much. And also one with Rene.

Question: Do you guys ever wish this was a small independent film that ran on the Sundance channel? How do you tune out the enormous distractions?
Kristen: If this was a tiny film we ran on sundance we would not be able to do the movie justice. This one is really a big movie and it's nice to be indulgent. it's nice to shoot for 6 months with an A LISTER! we wouldn't be doing the press conference. we'd be sitting in some cool little lofty place. what i'm saying is there's no different. we'd be having this same conversation probably.

Question: Comic Con is all about embracing your inner nerd. Throughout all these.. what's been the nerdy things going on?
Rob: I wouldn't say Kristen is nerdy.. Kristen literally.. she's a cooking fan. She's a nerd when it comes to cooking.

Kristen: Taylor? Taylor.. I have one that I'm not going to say.

Taylor: Bill, do you have any for us?

Kristen: Taylor can dance.

Taylor: No! NOt true!

Kristen: He moves his hips.. it's crazy

Question: Besides the wedding scene, what scene were you most nervous or apprehensive about knowing "we really gotta pull this off?"
Taylor: I was pretty nervous about imprinting. I was given an X on a wall

Kristen: You didn't want her to be sitting there?

Taylor: There was an X on the wall and I had to walk into the room on the verge of killing this baby, then stop, twist, and imprint.

"stop, twist, and imprint".. new hit phrase. they're laughing about that.

Taylor: I spent a lot of time talking to Bill and Stephenie and asking "okay, what does imprinting even LOOK like?"

Taylor: I hope it comes off beautifully.

Rob: Embarrassingly, taking my shirt off.

Kristen: At least he's honest.

Rob: So much of the books are about Edwar'ds body.. i've managed to avoid it in the films though it's in every three pages in the books.

Bill: We're about to show that (at the fan panel)

Rob: That's a bad one though cause it was at the end of the shoot.

Question: What was the most awkward scene you had to shoot, and what will oyu miss most about your character?
Kristen: I'm awkward. Me and Mackenzie were awesome. I couldn't really deal.. they were bigger than us in some cases.

Kristen: This is probably not a great answer. YOu probably want "well, doing the love scene was weirdd."

Rob: Talking about the baby.. we had an animatronic baby (Kristen: That was awkward).

Kristen:It had hair, and it's a newborn baby. That's in the book. You can imagine how cool that will be.

Bill: The baby's eyes start moving.. it's creepy/strange.


Fan Questions:
Eric: What was it like to shoot the wedding?
Kristen: I'd been ramping up to shoot that scene for four years. They also put it at the end of the entire filming.. so had to wait so long for it to happen. When I got to set I was just as nervous and terrfiied as I expected myself to be.

Kristen: When I got to set.. it was just so beautiful. I had to go get locked away in a room for the rest of the day because I was locked into my dress and had to protect it. It was secret service style security

Kristen: I ended up being much more relaxed than I thought I was going to be.


Question: Nice hair Rob. What was your initial reaction to reading the Renesme birth scene?
Kristen: I thoguht it was so cool. I think we did try to go as hardcore as we could. It's not your typical birthing scene. It took two days to shoot. Two day labor is really hard (bill condon laughs). In the book, as you all know, she's literally joking on blood. It was always in my head that she's able to fight harder than any human would really be able to.. because it's in her.. literally (huge laughs).

Kristen: In Part 2 I get to play with the venom running through my veins. And that's after a moment of sheer exuberance. Having a calm breath after the birth.


Question: I was very pleasantly surprised by your back muscles in the trailer Rob. I can speak for all of us when I say "nom nom nom" (huge laughs). My question is actually for Kristen. After all these years you got to experience vampire make up. What was that like for you. Was Rob's whining justified or was he being a big baby?
Kristen: So, so justified. You feel locked in there all day. But it helps too because you're so much more aware of your movements. The contacts suck cause you cannot see anything. especially when we both have them in there, we can't see each other.


Question for all: My mom would like to know what was the difference between filming in canada and louisiana?
Kristen: All the exterior stuff was shot in Canada. In Louisiana we were on a stage primarily. Mostly the stuff we had to do inside was kind of more emotional. More based in reality. Not that anything in the story isn't.. it's just personal intimate scenes. It was a different tone change between the two. I was a vampire more in Louisiana which was cool.


Question: I'm so excited for Breaking Dawn. What scene are you excited to reveal to the fans in Part 2?
Kristen: You have to give Bella credit of having semi devine intution at times. She's said at time she's going to times. This time she's willing to


Question: My questions for Kristen. Being pregnant is such a life changing experience. What experiences did you pull from to have that moment?
Kristen: What experiences? Hah. I've been asked recently what it's like to play such a far fetched story. This story feels the most real in terms of what can happen to you in your life. At 18.. it's so very very ossible. It's hard to talk to you about this (the person who asked the question is pregnant). I didn't have any experiences drawn.. there ya go.

Question for Rob and Taylor: How's it like working with such a beautiful cast.
Rob: it's crazy (laughs).

Kristen: that's the first time it's been asked at one of these!

Rob: Not true! I've always been asked.

Taylor: And what do you say?

Rob: Any way to approach this answer is inappropriate or just plain wrong. So.. Taylor you answer!

Rob: it's great, it's nice to be surrounded by hot girls all the time. It's why I became an actor.

Taylor: You summed it up. There could be worse jobs. We have a lot of fun. It is weird. We're all so close.

Kristen: it's so weird that we're all so hot (laughs).

Question from little girl who gets a lot of "awws": Rob.. do you like having the baby with Bella? (awwws)
Rob: The look on your face makes me think you're asking something else (laughs). No i do. I really like babies. I like doing scenes with them too. It was really fun.. especially with this series as well. You're playing this statue-esque guy most of the time. Can't be hard.. but he has the baby and it makes everything more human. And babies.. in terms of acting with it.. they just do their own thing. It's more fun. You're basically improvising.


Question: Thanks for talking to all of us. My question is for the director. What tool did you use to make the movie more like the books. What did you use and what were your inspirations?
Bill: Having Stephenie Meyer there. And also Kristen. She's the biggest fan you'll ever meet. We had a week long process where we talked through the script. We put things backed based on suggestions from Kristen. Then on the day of shooting.. we both spent the night before going through it again. The films are from Bella's point of view so we wanted to get inside her head. That was our mission, right?

Kristen: Yeah. Ultimately you should let moments live. Bill makes it pretty easy. As do all these folks.


Question: For Taylor.. first off, i love you. I was just wondering, what's it like to be such a main focus in the movie and being so in your mind?
Taylor: It's a lot of pressure because there's some great stuff going on down in Brazil. It's interesting to see moments, tidbits from Jacob's point of view to see what he's dealing with. He matures so much. It's interesting to see how he handles situations and how he handles them in the end.

Kristen: Also, to step out of Bella's point of view is quite perfect because she's really withdrawn from everyone. It's good.. she says "everyone go away".. so it's cool to not know what's going on with her. You wonder what's going on with Edward. They're definitely at odds.


Question: I just want to say congratulations to everyone on your success. This is for the panel. Which movie is your favorite in the saga?
Kristen: My favorite book was always New Moon, but I really like Twilight a lot. Catherine did a spectacular job that made it different from the rest of them. I like this one (Part 1) a lot. I just saw it. Seeing them at points that are nostalgic for anyone.. seeing them at weddings, Bella pregnant.. it's weird. It's incredibly connected to it.


Question: I love the audiobooks. Will any of you ever do voiceover acting?
Elizabeth Reaser: I would love to because you can wear sweatpants.
Kristen: Everyone probably would right? I would.


Question: Do you guys use music to get pumped up for the emotional scenes while filming?
Kristen: I definitely use music. I have a perfect story for you actually. On the day we shot the wedding ceremony. There was a perfect song. It'd be great if it was in the mvoie. Band of Horses has this song Annabelle (spelling?) that should be in the movie. That was one of the most moving experiences. They played it loud and it helped me out.
sources @ETCanada via kstewartfans

No comments:

Post a Comment

- Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...