11/18/2012

Speakeasy Interview

Source Speakeasy recently chatted with the 22-year-old actress about her career after “Twilight” and her other new movie, an adaptation of the classic Jack Kerouac novel “On the Road,” directed by Walter Salles and co-starring Garrett Hedlund, Sam Riley, and Kirsten Dunst, among others.

Stewart said she first read “On the Road” when she was a freshman in high school and was taken with its cast of characters, many of whom are wild creative types, searching for inspiration, love and meaning. “And I read that and I was like ‘I need to find people like that. I need to find people that I want to run after,’”she said. “I think that it’s rare, those people aren’t very common.”

The novel, Stewart said, still resonated with her as an adult. She said she was drawn to people who had a youthful exuberance, no matter how old they were.

“Most of the people that I want to run after that I really admire, they don’t lose that, I mean, they’re not all my age, they’re a lot older than me,”Stewart said. “It starts when you’re young, but as soon as you view that as like a youthful thing, what have you done with your life? Do you know what I mean? You should probably hold on to that.”

In the “Twilight” movies, Stewart has had to battle vampires, deliver the friends speech to a werewolf, and give birth to a half-vampire baby. “On the Road” features fare that’s more realistic–and mature. The new movie has scenes depicting drug use, nudity and group sex, and Stewart is in the middle of the action.

But Stewart said what concerned her most about her role as the free-spirited Marylou wasn’t the nudity, but the dance sequences. “Oh yeah, by far and away,” she says.

“[My character] doesn’t have too many opportunities to represent like that pure unadulterated exuberance,”Stewart explained. “It was so important for me to have her leap off the screen that that was the one scene that I had the chance to do that, and I was just scared of it, because I am so not that girl. She lets her face hang out, and I don’t.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

- Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...