1/08/2013

Kristen Talks About Her Style in ELLE UK February 2013 (Scans + Transcript)


image host image host image host image host image host 

Transcript via robstendreams.com

I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A TOMBOY. I wanted to look like my older brother when I was younger. I lived in hand-me-downs and was always borrowing his clothes. My earliest fashion memory is cutting up an old pair of Levi's and going to careers day at nursery dressed as a rock star.

MY FILM COSTUMES MEAN A LOT TO ME. I usually take one or two things from each film as a souvenir. It's fun to put that suff on; it reminds you of good times. I have my armour from Snow White and the Huntsman and still wear the T-shirts from The Runaways; I gave the leather jacket I won to Joan Jett, the Blackhearts frontwoman [who I played in the film], with a note scrawled on the back in white pen.

IT'S CLEAR WHEN I DON'T LIKE MY OUTFIT. I've always worked with the same stylist, Tara Swennen, who I love, but I've definitely had fashion regrets, which I can't reveal - I'd hate to offend anyone. But I'm way more comfortable now. The other day I realised I do actually have more than one pair of jeans and a T-shirt. I have some cool stuff that I need to start wearing.

I LOVE STELLA McCARTNEY. She's so talented and I'm drawn to simplicity - I'm not really into adornments and decoration. If you were to mix Patti Smith (1) and Brigitte Bardot (2) to make one person, she would be my style icon.

MY MOST TREASURED ITEM is the leather jacket Balenciaga gave me. I would be devastated if I lost it. I live in it! It started off fairly sturdy but now it feels like a blanket. 

FASHION INSPIRES SELF-DISCOVERY. I first met Nicholas Ghesquiere [ex-Balenciaga creative director] on a shoot six years ago. Our interests go hand in hand. What I love about my job as an actress is that you can discover aspects of yourself that are really surprising and fashion inspires you in exactly the same way.

MY FIRST FASHION SHOW was Burberry a/w 2010. Claire Danes was sitting across from me, which was very exciting. I love her! It opened my eyes to the world of fashion. It's so cool to look at a fashion show as a whole because they're like little movies, every single detail is carefully considered.

MY JEWELLERY IS ALL INSANELY AND DEEPLY IMPORTANT TO ME. I have all the rings that I wore as Bella in Twilight, including her wedding ring. My other treasured pieces are mainly vintage and a Cartier 'Nail' bracelet that I wear a lot.

PERFUME IS LIKE AN ACCESSORY. I'd never worn a scent before I tried Balenciaga Florabotanica, but like clothes can make you aware of different aspects of yourself so a smell can elevate you. There's something hot about it - a little heated and slightly more dangerous than the name suggests.

No comments:

Post a Comment

- Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...