11/07/2012

E! Online and Zimbio Interviews for OTR

 
Source "I think everyone was really happy it took a few years for the movie to get made," she said. "I haven't really [warned] them...my mom came to Cannes-she loved it and was really proud. I haven't talked to my dad about it yet really."

"It's easy to be mature about it, and place it in a context and feel protective of it," the 22 year old Twilight star added.

In fact, Kristen added that Welcome to the Rileys was probably more difficult for her parents to watch.

"I was so overtly sensitive about anything to do with-not overtly sexual-just anything about a young girl," Kristen said about Rileys. "It rocked me and I think my parents could feel that as well."

”I really had to dig pretty deep to find it in me to play a person like Marylou. It took a long time,” Kristen, 22, told us Monday. “I couldn’t say no- I would have done anything on the movie. It was easy to connect the dots after having gotten to know the person behind the character and what you would need to pull off a lifestyle like that. That didn’t happen until deep in the rehearsal process.”

“At first I was attracted to the spirit of it,” Kristen continued. “I’m the type of person-I need to be pushed really hard to be able to let it all hang. I think Marylou is the type of person you can’t help but be yourself around.”

Talked with Kristen after about TV shows she's into- curious to check out American Horror Story doesn't think it will be scary enough...but we agreed it's great b/c original. Says she prefers movies to TV to escape.
 
 
***
Source Source When it comes to movie roles, Kristen Stewart gets the best of both worlds. When she's not taking on box office juggernauts like The Twilight Saga or Snow White and the Huntsman, she's biting into meaty roles in indies like Welcome to the Rileys, The Runaways and now On the Road.

So does Bella Swan herself ever want to just kick back and do a rom-com?

"Um, I guess so," Kristen told us at the AFI special screening of On the Road. "I don't know what I want to do until it's right in front of me. I feel like if I knew what story I wanted to tell, I'd be directing it. I don't think very tactfully."

The actress, who killed on the carpet in a black and white Balenciaga number, continued, "It takes such a particular thing to want to play a part. It's a really very strange thing to do, to pretend to be someone else and let other people watch you do it. They need to feel like real people, they need to feel like somebody that you need to be responsible for. So when I see that, I'm down."

Something she clearly saw in On the Road's free-spirited Marylou: "She was the type of person that was like a bottomless pit. You couldn't take too much, she was always getting just as much back from you," K.Stew explained to us. "That's a really rare person. She wasn't special because she was ahead of her time and it was a very conservative era, I think even now you'd be blown away by her."

And Kristen confesses that the timing of the movie couldn't have been more perfect. "Getting to know her and getting to know myself over the years," she said. "You know, I started thinking about this when I was like 17 and I ultimately did it when I was 20, it's good that those few years past."

She filled us in, "When you have the sense that you really cannot mess anything up, that [Salles] wants to see you mess up and that's actually what he would prefer…I think it's so much more interesting to watch somebody discover something rather than package it up and deliver it to you."

"It's weird, as soon as that weight [of Twilight] is lifted, you go, 'God! Can I have a little bit back?'" she told E! News at the On the Road premiere Sunday

"Twilight is a really phenomenal thing," she added, smiling at cheering fans across the street.

But as much as she loves vampires, vagabonds are pretty cool, too. "When I read [On the Road] for the first time, I was so young," she said. "I was like 15 years old—14 possibly. It changed me. For the rest of my life I will try and find those people that push you…Every character you want to like run after. I'm not necessarily that type of person, so I need to find people like that."

But at the end of a packed promotional tour (between Breaking Dawn and On the Road, K.Stew's been one busy lady), how does this 22-year-old girl relax? "It's pretty easy," she said. "Take the shoes off. It's kind of a done deal."

No comments:

Post a Comment

- Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...